December 09, 2010
2. Scandinavian vacuum manufacturer Electrolux used the following in an American campaign: Nothing sucks like an Electrolux.
3. Clairol introduced the "Mist Stick", a curling iron, into German only to find out that "mist" is slang for manure. Not too many people had use for the "manure stick."
4. When Gerber started selling baby food in Africa, they used the same packaging as in the US, with the beautiful Caucasian baby on the label. Later they learned that in Africa, companies routinely put pictures on the label of what's inside, since most people can't read.
5. Colgate introduced a toothpaste in France called Cue, the name of a notorious porno magazine.
6. An American T-shirt maker in Miami printed shirts for the Spanish market which promoted the Pope's visit. Instead of "I saw the Pope" (el papa), the shirts read "I saw the potato" (la papa).
7. Pepsi's "Come alive with the Pepsi Generation" translated into "Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave", in Chinese.
8. Frank Perdue's chicken slogan, "it takes a strong man to make a tender chicken" was translated into Spanish as "it takes an aroused man to make a chicken affectionate."
9. The Coca-Cola name in China was first read as "Ke-kou-ke-la", meaning "Bite the wax tadpole" or "female horse stuffed with wax", depending on the dialect. Coke then researched 40,000 characters to find a phonetic equivalent "ko-kou-ko-le", translating into "happiness in the mouth."
10. When Parker Pen marketed a ball-point pen in Mexico, its ads were supposed to have read, "it won't leak in your pocket and embarrass you." Instead, the company thought that the word "embarazar" (to impregnate) meant to embarrass, so the ad read: "It won't leak in your pocket and make you pregnant."
hese real life ruins offer an eerie glimpse into a world without humans. Their dark walls inspire a sense of wonder like I've never fe...
Horror stories make a lovely change from your everyday woes and worries. It takes you into the realm of supernatural and over there, anythi...
Suresh Kalmadi is member of Indian Parliament for pune and president of the Indian Olympic Association , Asian Athletics Association , and ...
Most people don't really like spending time on their own. I think that's because they feel somewhat socially rejected if they ar...
Respected Sir Ravindra Charles Jadeja, who is the only kho-kho player of India, who also plays cricket. This gujarati guy believed invent...
Guys, here is a collection of Pics jokes on Sri Sir Ravindra Charles Jadeja, the legendary all-rounder who plays for Indian Cricket team. ...
After Chuck Norris, Rajnikant, Sir Jadeja, presenting the new legendary figure: ALOK NATH. Hilarious 1. When alok nath sees a girl with a...
Q: What's worse than finding a Justin Bieber CD in your boyfriend's bedroom? A: Finding a box of tissues next to it. Q:...